Tuesday 25 February 2014

Get Your Head Around This One!

Just a brief post today because I'm a little busy with these college assignments that are slowly making me lose the will to live. Anyone today's post is for anyone who likes a good old movie fan theory because the guy who produced the Pixar single universe theory has come up with another corker!


The sheer amount of effort and calculation to come up with such a theory is quite inspiring, and it's not hard to see why this internet phenomenon has even won awards over recent years.  But author Jon Negroni wasn't done yet, oh no! Yes, he's come up with another belter, this time focussed solely on the Toy Story universe. He takes a character who we barely even see in the movie trilogy, Andy's mom, and transforms her into an integral piece of the story's puzzle. The idea that he comes up with his nothing short of mind-blowing, and may even cause you to shed a little tear or two!

Anyway to read Jon's theory please click here

I'm sure you'll agree it's quite amazing how he came up with it, picking up on tiny insignificant details first time around. Is it true who knows, but it's certainly a little food for though and seems a bit too coincidental for my liking! Personally I can't wait to see what Jon comes up with next.

Anyway, that's all from me today, hopefully I'll have time for a post later in the week!


Oh, by the way Dreamworks are apparently planning ANOTHER 'Shrek' movie. But if you're like me I lost all faith in the big green goofball after 'Shrek The Third', which was a disappointment in my book. I haven't even seen 'Shrek Forever After' but judging by word of mouth and a series low box-office gross of $239m, I don't get the sense I'm missing out on much. 

The original was fantastic, a new post-modern humourous take on the fairy-tale genre that had both adults and children laughing in the aisles. It also had a stellar cast with Mike Myers and Eddie Murphy taking the movie to unparalleled heights, and proving to Pixar that there was new kid on the animation block and that it now had to glance over its shoulder at the competition. 'Shrek 2' was also brilliant moving the story's location, bringing in new characters, and doing the unthinkable by making Shrek human. It could have failed but as a sequel showed that the ogre was a force to be reckoned with on the big screen. Theme park rides, Christmas specials, a 'Puss in Boots' spin-off movie, and a musical quickly followed which were all welcomed with open arms. 

'Shrek' - The Musical

So, maybe its just me but now I think the franchise has run its course. How Dreamworks intend on squeezing out a fifth movie I can't fathom. Dreamworks CEO of Animation Jeffrey Katzenberg has stated 'I think you can be confident that we'll have another chapter in the Shrek series. We're not finished, and more importantly, neither is he.' Perhaps I'm being cynical but I think it's just being viewed as another money-grabbing opportunity for the studio, given that the franchise's current haul is $2.9bn, that will probably only damage the still proud legacy of the first two movies.

Disagree with me, think there's plenty of fight left in the big ol' ogre? Please comment below, I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment